Featuring 2600m2 of a unique design, this year's stand is dressed in the iconic clean black and copper lines introduced by the distinctive Onyx Concept car. The PEUGEOT stand will host no less than three concept cars, the 2008 DKR and 23 models including the new 208 which has its world première unveiling. Just three years after launch, the best-selling PEUGEOT – with almost one million units sold – is substantially enhanced and will be one of the major new PEUGEOT show attractions.
In Geneva, PEUGEOT continues its strategy to move upmarket in three specific areas:
- The GT Line area shows personality and dynamism across the PEUGEOT 208, 308, 508 and RCZ;
- The Sports area, focuses on performance and features the PEUGEOT 308 GT & 308 SW GT, RCZ R and 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport – bringing competition experience to further enhance existing cars – and the impressive PEUGEOT 2008 DKR which has just returned from the Dakar Rally;
- The Technologies area, brings together all of the Brand's technological expertise with the new EAT6 quick-changing automatic gearbox and the Euro 6 PureTech, BlueHDi and THP engine powers which, with 20 Best in Class engines, make PEUGEOT the benchmark for efficiency and low CO2 emissions.
THE NEW PEUGEOT 208: THE 208, BUT EVEN BETTER
Exactly three years after it was launched in Geneva, the new 208, which goes on sale from June 2015, is showcasing new ambitions via its updated exterior and interior style and, above all, with greater choice of a full line up of Euro 6 engines and unprecedented features.
A more energetic design
The exterior style becomes sleeker thanks to:
- a larger grille and a chrome trim built in to the bumper;
- new black and chrome two-tone lights with a new LED light signature;
- new painted, diamond-effect or laser-engraved wheels;
- new LED 'claw effect' rear lights.
The interior features the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit, combining its compact steering wheel, heads-up positioned instrument panel and its large 7" touchscreen, has been further updated. Among the major changes is the inclusion of:
- a soft-touch dashboard insert with a visual design;
- white backlighting for the instrument panel and controls;
- blue LED light guides for versions equipped with a panoramic roof;
A range which offers more choice
With an already extensive choice, the colour palette offered on the new PEUGEOT 208 has gained a new vibrant shade which will also features as its launch colour: Orange Power. And because no two customers are the same, exterior customisation packs from the grille to the door mirror covers will be available from level 2 models.
Already adopted on the PEUGEOT 308 and 508, the new 208 range can now be specified in the new GT Line finish. On three or five door models, with PureTech petrol or BlueHDi diesel engines, the 208 GT Line is influenced by the sporty looks of the GTi: for example, the exterior features larger 17 inch wheels, and black door mirror covers, and on the inside, with its sport seats and steering wheel, also features the GTi’s aluminium pedal unit, inviting a more dynamic experience.
The PEUGEOT 205 GTi, had its 30th year commemorated with the 208 GTi 30th anniversary edition and, to perpetuate this legacy, comes the 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport. It is now a featured premium model in the range; with Euro 6 controlled 208hp under the bonnet, Torsen® differential, large 330mm brake discs and a proven performance pedigree, it is asserting itself as the most radical expression of the 208 range.
New high-tech features
To reduce the risk and severity of collisions in urban environments, the PEUGEOT 208 uses the new Active City Brake feature which can be triggered below 20mph. A sensor on the top of the windscreen, this safety feature – particularly useful in the city – automatically applies the brakes, bringing the vehicle to a complete stop if deemed necessary to avoid a collision.
Another new feature is the rear view camera, available as an optional extra from level 2 to make reversing the car even easier.
New Euro 6 engines and EAT6 gearbox
The new 208 range is defined by its updated design and new features, and also the four new engines developed by the PSA and a new quick-changing EAT6 automatic gearbox.
On the BlueHDi diesel engine, key aspects include:
- the appearance of three new engine power outputs: 1.6L BlueHDi 75hp, 100hp and 120hp;
- all versions have CO2 emissions below 95g/km;
- the 1.6L BlueHDi 75hp and 100hp can achieve 94mpg with CO2 emissions of just 79g/km, making the PEUGEOT 208 the world leader of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles in terms of low CO2 emissions.
The PureTech petrol range includes three engine power outputs:
- two previously existing engines with the 1.0L PureTech 68 and 1.2L PureTech 82;
- one new engine - the 1.2L PureTech 110 S&S with remarkably low emissions CO2 of 103g/km.
A major innovation for 2015 is the new EAT6 automatic gearbox that helps to improve the range's operating efficiency:
- Quickshift technology – smoother and quicker;
- Only 1g/km increase in CO2 compared to the manual gearbox;
- 104g/km of CO2 for the 1.2L PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 version - a reduction of -30% compared to the 1.6L VTi 120 automatic version.
ENGINE POWER: TECHNOLOGICAL EXCELLENCE FOR PERFORMANCE AND EFFICIENCY
Begun in 2014, the roll-out of Euro 6 engines continues in 2015 in petrol and diesel versions with 20 Best in class engines in their performance category. Some of the most impressive facts include:
- The Peugeot carbon footprint is now less than 110g of CO2 per km;
- Largely due to PEUGEOT’s performance in 2014, the PSA PEUGEOT CITROËN group has reclaimed its place as the European leader with an average of 110.3g/km of CO2 (CAFE);
- Of the CAFE leaders, it is PEUGEOT which has made the most significant reductions in its emissions with a -4.6% reduction between 2013/2014 and -27% over the last 10 years.
PureTech petrol engine range
In 2014, due in particular to the arrival of PureTech engines which helped to improve the sales mix worldwide, 53% of the vehicles sold by PEUGEOT were petrol and 47% were diesel. The PureTech range, which is in the running for Engine of the Year, enjoys a complete and efficient offering:
- Fully Euro 6 range from 95g/km of CO2;
- 5 Best-in-class versions among the 208, 2008, 308 and 3008 ranges.
THP petrol engine range
Voted engine of the year 8 times running, the 1.6L THP 200 engine was joined in 2014 by the 1.6L THP 270, which reaches almost 170hp/l. The THP range demonstrates PEUGEOT's technological expertise which continually improves performance while reducing emissions and consumption:
- Fully Euro 6 range from 125g/km of CO2;
- Three Best in Class versionswith the PEUGEOT 208 GTi (208hp), 308 GT (205hp) and RCZ R (270hp)
BlueHDi diesel engine range
BlueHDI is the family of combustion engines which provides the most efficient depollution technology currently on the market, thanks to the exclusive combination of SCR and additive-enhanced FAP:
- Fully Euro 6 across the range
- 12 Best in Class versions among the 208, 308, 3008, 2008, 508 and Partner ranges.
THE PEUGEOT 108: EVEN MORE ZEST
Launched in summer 2014, the city-dweller with the sleek and chic design made around 40% of its sales in levels 3 and 4 (Allure and Feline), and the cabrio 108 TOP! takes 20% of sales. To build on this success, all engine powers meet the Euro 6 standard and the 108 range is growing with the arrival of the special Roland Garros edition. The two-tone version is now available in 3- and 5-door models and in six new colour combinations.
From May, an option bringing together lane departure warning system and automatic city braking will be available.
THREE CONCEPTS WITH ONE BRAND VISION
With Onyx, PEUGEOT has introduced its exclusive concept car with clean lines daringly bringing together black and copper, and inspired a radical version of the 208 GTi by PEUGEOT Sport, which is marketed to retail customers for the first time. In Geneva, Onyx is going further – this time, the entire PEUGEOT stand is displaying the principle of clean lines with a whole wall made of copper.
By its side, the athletic PEUGEOT Exaltis a distilled vision of the saloon in physical form, with its petrol plug-in HYbrid4 drive chain providing up to 340hp, and innovative materials like its bare steel bodywork.
The PEUGEOT Quartz is PEUGEOT's vision of a top-of-the-range SUV: its sporty, robust and powerful style lends it a visual force fitting for its full-hybrid plug-in 500hp petrol drive chain.
Motor sport as a technological laboratory
In the SUV and crossover fields, the PEUGEOT 2008 DKR, with its impressive build, is the ultimate expression of motor sport. Only just back from South America, it bears the scars of 10,000 km of racing in the most formidable and most challenging of motor events, the Dakar Rally. It is the symbol of the Lion brand's return, ready to come out fighting during the next rally in 2016.