Launching its assault on all fronts, PEUGEOT benefits from:
- the appeal of a very young product range, with an average age of 2.6 years;
- the global success of the 308 - the Brand’s best-seller, No.1 in France and the European top 3 in the C segment;
- the global car - the 2008 is now produced on 3 continents and is No.2 in Europe in the B-SUV segment;
- the technological deployment of the new Euro 6 engines, with 25 best-in-class CO2 versions and the latest EAT6 (Electronic Automatic Transmission) gearboxes.
Environmental footprint: PEUGEOT is the benchmark
PSA PEUGEOT CITROËN has set itself the target of an average CO2 of 95g/km within the EU-28, to be reached by 2020. In the first five months of 2015, it was the first car maker with CO2 to go below 110g/km with 106.9g/km achieved, while the manufacturers’ (all marques) average stands at 121.4g CO2/km.
Now, with average emissions of 106.3g CO2/km, PEUGEOT is in the lead, ahead of the big brands in the CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Emissions) ratings. This remarkable achievement was attained while increasing the sales of SUVs and the petrol energy mix. Since 2012, PEUGEOT has reduced its CO2 emissions by 12.6% and by a further 3% over the first half of 2015. This performance is mainly explained by the efficiency of the new diesel BlueHDi and petrol PureTech engine ranges and the latest EAT6 six-speed automatic gearbox.
With 25 Best-in-Class vehicles in six different ranges, PEUGEOT has confirmed its position as the benchmark for its environmental footprint and running efficiency.This applies to the full range, from compact to the larger vehicles. A few examples:
- in the B segment, the 208 1.6-litre BlueHDi 100 emits CO2 of just 79g/km and recently beat the world fuel consumption record with just 2L/100km
- in the C segment, the 308 boasts 10 Best-in-Class versions, including the 1.2-litre PureTech 110 which emits CO2 of just 95g/km; it also holds an International Engine of the Year title, awarded in June for the PureTech 3-cylinder turbo in the 1.0-1.4-litre category;
- in the D segment the 508 1.6-litre BlueHDi 120 is fitted with the EAT6 six-speed automatic gearbox and emits just 99g/km of CO2.
CO2: list of PEUGEOT Best-in-Class models