Built on a brand-new vehicle platform, it benefits from all the advantages of the Efficient Modular Platform 2 (EMP2): exhibiting compactness, weight reduction, versatility and combines the most efficient engine options - achieving as little as 133g/km of CO2, as well as highest build quality. It introduces innovative features to the segment such as hands-free sliding side doors, the modularity of the cab with ‘Moduwork’, Active Safety Brake system, rear-view camera with VisioPark and connected 3D navigation.
The new PEUGEOT Expert can carry a maximum load of 1400kg and is available in three body lengths, from the new ‘Compact’ version at just 4.60m up to 5.30m. It is a vehicle also particularly well suited to urban journeys, with a maximum height of just 1.90m.
The new PEUGEOT Expert is a generation ahead - in every way.
Its first worldwide show debut will be in Birmingham at the NEC Commercial Vehicle Show on 26th April, with the Press reveal being held at the 09.30 in Hall 5 on the Peugeot stand.
“Our ambition with the new PEUGEOT Expert is to attract new customers. Its innovative designoffers differentiating services and embodies a new aspect of PEUGEOT's high-end strategy in theutility vehicles sector”, said: Maxime Picat, PEUGEOT Brand CEO (@MaximePicat).
New PEUGEOT Expert – in detail
The new PEUGEOT Expert is designed to respond to a variety of different uses and the search for efficiency by business professionals. The new PEUGEOT combines compact external dimensions with the maximum load capacities which are so vital in this segment.
Available in three body lengths and with two or three seats in the front, the PEUGEOT Expert offers up to 6.6m3 of carrying space and up to 1400kg of load weight with a potential length of 4m(). The Standard and Long versions, at 4.95m and 5.30m, are designed for the core market. The Compact 4.60m version, unique in the segment, allows loads of up to 5.1m3 and 1400kg, with a useful length of 3.32m(1). Its reduced dimensions and overhang allow the new PEUGEOT Expert to offer great manoeuvrability, particularly popular with business professionals working in urban areas on a daily basis. Its reduced height of 1.90m (), guarantees the new PEUGEOT Expert access to all car parks.
The new PEUGEOT Expert adopts modern and efficient Euro 6 BlueHDi engine options from 95hp / 210Nm to 180hp / 400Nm mostly equipped with Stop&Start technology. They offer excellent driving comfort and offer record fuel economy/CO2 emissions for the segment. The new BlueHDi 180 EAT6 gearbox and the BlueHDi 95 ETG6 electronic automated gearbox, frees up extra legroom for the middle passenger. The most efficient version, at 55.3mpg, i.e. CO2 at 133g/km, and the entire PEUGEOT Expert range, with 52.3mpg, i.e. CO2 at 140g/km on average, are best-in-class.
For business professionals' efficiency, comfort and safety, the new PEUGEOT Expert offers a number of latest generation features that are rare or exclusive in the segment, particularly:
- The hands-free sliding side doors are unprecedented in the market;
- The advanced modularity of the passenger space with Moduwork, the head-up display and sign reading system with speed limiter recommendation are also unique in the segment;
- The Active Safety Brake and automatic switching to main beam lamps, are rare in the segment;
- For the first time ever, one of the brand's vehicles is equipped with new voice-control connected 3D navigation and real-time traffic information, VisioPark 1 reversing camera with 180° overhead rear view and rear view zoom and Driver Attention Alert.
To respond to business needs, the PEUGEOT Expert is available in the following versions:
- Crew vans - with five or six fixed or fold-up seats;
- Platform cab - as a conversion base;
- Combi - as a people-carrier with up to nine seats.
A new platform to enhance efficiency
“The EMP2 platform, tailored to the constraints of a utility vehicle, again demonstrates itsefficiency and modularity with the PEUGEOT Expert”, says: Rémi Seimpere, PEUGEOT ExpertChief Engineer.
Record low fuel consumption and lower running costs
The combining the benefits of the EMP2 architecture at the front with a bespoke LCV rear platform, permitting an optimised centre-to-centre distance inside with an ideal maximum roof height, also enable the integration of the very latest 1.6 L and 2.0 L BlueHDi engines. The main elements of their environment, whose build quality and performance have already been proven, are also improved with the location of air supply, exhaust downpipe routing and electrical architecture.
Its new platform makes it possible to achieve weight savings of between 100kg and 150kg, depending on the engine options, compared with the last generation PEUGEOT Expert. The combination of this platform with BlueHDi engine allows the PEUGEOT Expert to achieve record fuel economy levels:
- 1.6 L BlueHDi 95hp, 5-speed manual gearbox from 51.3mpg, i.e. CO2 at 144g/km;
- 1.6 L BlueHDi 95hp S&S, ETG6 controlled gearbox from 54.3mpg, i.e. CO2 at 135g/km;
- 1.6 L BlueHDi 115hp S&S, 6-speed manual gearbox from 55.3mpg, i.e. CO2 at 133g/km;
- 2.0 L BlueHDi 120hp, 6-speed manual gearbox from 53.2mpg, i.e. CO2 at 144g/km;
- 2.0 L BlueHDi 150hp S&S, 6-speed manual gearbox from 53.2mpg, i.e. CO2 at 139g/km;
- 2.0L BlueHDi 180hp S&S, EAT6 automatic gearbox from 46.3mpg, i.e. CO2 at 151g/km.
The BlueHDi engine options incorporate SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) upstream of the additivated DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). They also meet the Euro6 standard with the most effective pollution control technology on the market. Their AdBlue 22.4-litre tank provides a range of 9,320 miles. AdBlue is filled up easily using the exterior filling flap, located in the middle door pillar, which is concealed when the driver's door is closed.
The PEUGEOT Expert benefits from competitive usage costs, in particular due to its best-in-class fuel economy and its 25,000miles  or two-year service schedule.
A strong, robust and attractive design
“The new PEUGEOT Expert platform has enabled us to offer superb proportions and to inject thestylish features of the brand's passenger cars, with the robustness expected of a utility vehicle”,says Keith Ryder, PEUGEOT Expert Design Manager.
The PEUGEOT Expert reinterprets features in the segment. Proportions are harmonious between the front end, the driver position and the loading space. The compact overhangs and wheels positioned at the four corners give it a powerful presence and suggest its manoeuvrability and optimal use of the internal space. The sleek lines enhance its aerodynamic flow and the modernity of its body shape.
The short, high bonnet sits high above the wide, enveloping and protective bumper, tailored to the daily needs of professionals operating in a demanding environment.
From the very first glance, you can see that the PEUGEOT Expert belongs to the PEUGEOT range. The headlights evoke the legacy of the award-winning PEUGEOT 308.
The new elevated vertical grille introduced with the new PEUGEOT 2008 Compact SUV, accentuates the PEUGEOT Expert's presence. The grille features the lion in the centre of a new dynamic, three-dimensional embodiment, instead of the usual horizontal blades. Its trapezoidal Sparkling Grey edging with slight scalp motion in the upper corners accentuates the elegance and modernity of the front end.
The sleekly designed side panels are structured with sharp lines and sculpted by concave door sills, which enhance the impressiveness of the smooth wheel arches extending out from them. The fairly low side protections and the solid black front bumper, that integrates air inlets across the entire width of the car, emphasises the robust appearance of the PEUGEOT Expert.
For business professionals wanting to promote an even more impressive image of their company, a Look Pack is available as an option. It includes items coloured to match the bodywork such as front and rear bumpers, the casings of the rear-view mirrors and the side strips, as well as the chrome front grille surround. The front bumper houses the LED light signature, integrated within chrome-plated ‘boomerang-shaped’ trims, alluding to the range-topping PEUGEOT 508.
A wide range to adapt to every business
“The new PEUGEOT Expert offers a tailored solution for every business, particularly professionalswho regularly work in an urban environment”, says: David Mac Queen, Head of the CommercialVehicles.
Business professionals in this segment have many different requirements and expectations depending on their activities, and the number of people that they are carrying. To meet them all, the PEUGEOT Expert offers a wide range of body shapes.
Vans are available in three body lengths – Compact, Standard and Long – and three levels of trim finish and are mainly suitable for business professionals who need load capacities of 4.6m3 to 6.6m3 and to carry two or three people.
The Compact version, new to the segment, offers fully-fledged van specifications, with a maximum useful load of 1400kg. It is particularly suited to business professionals working in urban areas on a daily basis. The Standard and Long versions can meanwhile carry up to three Euro-pallets in size.
|Overall length (m)||4.60||4.95||5.30|
|Overall height (m)||1.90||1.90||1.94|
|Maximum useful length (m)||3.32||3.67||4.02|
|Useful width between wheel arches (m)||1.26||1.26||1.26|
|Maximum useful volume (m3)||5.1||5.8||6.6|
|Maximum useful load (kg)||1400||1400||1400|
The three-seat bench with Moduwork bulkhead offers modularity options not available elsewhere in the van segment. The large hatch built into the bulkhead and the side seat cushion which can be fully folded away, allows:
- Three people to sit in the front. This practical aspect is very popular with business professionals, who can transport their employees and tools from one worksite to the next while making the most of each journey;
- a flat floor with increased useful length of 1.16m or extra volume in front, and two passengers on board;
- A mobile office function due to the table built into the folding backrest of the middle seat (versions with Moduwork);
- Storage space under the middle seat.
Available in three body lengths for passenger transportation, it offers multiple seat configurations comfortably seating between two and nine passengers. Robust and functional, it is aimed among others at government agencies, associations and sports clubs.
With nine people aboard the boot volume is up to 1,300 litres (1237dm3 VDA) at the top of the seat backs. This volume can even be increased to 4,900 litres (4,554dm3 VDA) with its removable row 2 and 3 seats. Unique in the segment, the Compact version also accommodates from two to nine people on board and up to 3,600 litres (3,397dm3 VDA) of boot space in a length of only 4.60m.
Available with a long wheelbase of 3.275m, the Platform Cab offers numerous bodywork conversion possibilities. For example, large volume versions which offer maximum space within a reduced area compared with the next segment up or refrigerated vehicles for transporting perishable goods.
Best-in-class interior space, manoeuvrability and safety
The modular platform of the new PEUGEOT Expert achieves its three lengths with just:
- two wheelbases - one at 2.92m specific to the Compact version and the other at 3.27m common to the Standard and Long versions;
- two 0.80m and 1.15m rear overhangs, one common to the Compact and Standard versions, the other specific to the Long version;
- A single chassis architecture: ground links, exhaust line and fuel system common to all 3 lengths.
Due to the excellent efficiency of the architecture and modularity of its platform, the PEUGEOT Expert offers a wide range of body shapes:
- Van version up to 6.6m3;
- Combi versions up to nine seats and 1,300 litres or 4,900 litres of boot space with its completely removable row 2 and 3 seats;
- Two versions of Crew van with fixed and folding partition, up to six seats and 4m3 or up to 5.5m3 for the folding version.
- Platform Cabs as a conversion base.
The optimised 0.88m front and 0.80m rear overhangs and the turning circle from 11.30m assist the PEUGEOT Expert's manoeuvrability, particularly in towns and cities. Its height limited to 1.90m also guarantees its accessibility to city-centre car parks, shopping areas, and customers' homes.
The new PEUGEOT Expert is fitted with non-removable bulkhead (in accordance with current European regulations). An insulated glazed bulkhead, available as an option instead of the standard bulkhead, provides greater acoustic and thermal comfort, as well as ensuring occupants' safety. To enhance ergonomics and driving comfort, this insulated bulkhead also allows more room by making it possible to recline the seat-back an extra 8.5° or slide it an extra 40mm back compared with a standard partition.
Comfort and dynamic handling
On board, the PEUGEOT Expert also revolutionises the segment's features improving ergonomics and driving comfort. A step provides easy access to its elevated seating position, which aids sight of the road ahead. The instrument panel and steering wheel in relatively vertical position for the segment, immerses the driver in an environment somewhere between the SUV for the command driving position and the saloon for comfort. The pure and modern design of the driver position combines robust materials and the ergonomics of the controls, like the touch-screen (standard from the second trim level) which is always easy to reach and see.
As regards its suspension, the PEUGEOT Expert adopts the Pseudo MacPherson front suspension from the EMP2 adapted to the vehicle's dimensions to ensure high-end dynamic capability. The electrohydraulic-assisted steering combined with the anti-roll bar positioned in front of the steering rack optimises the turning circle. It provides assistance for parking manoeuvres and keeps driving consistency more sustained.
The new oblique wishbone rear suspension supports a payload of 1,400kg to make the most of the load volume of up to 6.6m3 or nine seats with boot space. The wishbone filtering dampens the impacts. The variable stiffness springs and shock absorbers guarantee maximum comfort whether the vehicle is loaded or unloaded.
Combining these two suspension systems offers the best compromise between handling and comfort and driving enjoyment regardless of the vehicle's state of load.
The PEUGEOT Expert offers a best-in-class level of acoustic comfort, enhanced at the second and third trim levels to enhance passenger and driver comfort.
Effective, modern with connected safety and comfort equipment
To facilitate loading; Hands-free sliding side doors can be opened or closed even with your arms full. This equipment, unique on the market, unlocks and opens the sliding side doors with a simple foot action you just need to have the electronic key in your possession. It also closes and locks the vehicle automatically when you move away.
In the rear, the vans and Crew Vans are fitted with 50/50 swing doors, and can be equipped with heated rear windows and wipers. Also a tailgate design is available as an option. Opening the swing doors to 250° avoids blocking the road when loading and unloading and is available as an option on Long versions without interfering with the opening of the sliding side doors. Combis may also be fitted with a tailgate or swing doors.
For the loading area, trims to the floor only or including the sides or complete trim are available as options. In raw wood or wood with a non-slip coating with aluminium threshold bars for the sliding and rear doors and angle irons on the wheel arches, they are tailored, robust and functional. For business professionals who need additional loading capacity, the new PEUGEOT Expert can tow up to 2.5-tonnes. The van can be fitted with a single-piece tow bar with various removable hooks and the Combi with a removable swan-neck tow bar. This option automatically includes factory-fitted: tow bar, wiring kits and trailer power supply housing to provide a 10A power supply for the trailer lights.
For everyday practicality
The new PEUGEOT Expert also provides up to 49-litres on the van version, and 121-litres on the Crew Vans version, of open or closed storage space distributed in the passenger compartment:
- Two glove boxes on the passenger side, one enclosed upper 7-litre compartment which can contain five small 0.5-litre bottles and be refrigerated, and one open lower 5-litre compartment. Another open 5-litre A4-size storage compartment above the dashboard, which can house a tablet for example;
- 2 cup holders on either side of the dashboard both accommodating a 0.5- litre bottle;
- Key trays in the centre of the dashboard and on the passenger side;
- In each front door, a large 8-litre door compartment tray can contain two 1.5-litre bottles;
- A large 8-litre storage compartment beneath the front two-seat passenger bench can hold work boots and a hard hat, for instance;
- On the high-end fixed Crew Cab versions, a large 73-litre storage compartment is located beneath the bench.
Jack, 12V and USB sockets in the lower glove compartment can be used to charge mobile devices. Connectors to house a digital tablet up to 11” within reach or a smartphone with built-in supply are available as accessories.
For effective and connected journeys
The new PEUGEOT Expert introduces a new 7" capacitive touch-screen, in addition to the multimedia system. All of the services dedicated to simplifying journeys and driving are all here.
The touch screen can be operated by a finger or by using voice control. Voice recognition provides additional security in particular for using the Navigation, Telephone and Media features without taking their eyes off the road ahead.
The new PEUGEOT Expert introduces a new generation of connected 3D navigation, controlled by voice recognition and/or using the touch-screen. It includes free lifetime updates of the mapping 4 times a year and the associated connected services for 3 years, including:
- TomTom Traffic real-time traffic information;
- The location and prices of service stations and car parks;
- Weather information about the journey;
- Local search of points of interest (POI).
Alert Zones 4 complete the offer as an option.
Due to real-time traffic information, this new PEUGEOT navigation system saves time and brings peace of mind by avoiding traffic jams.
Connection to PEUGEOT Connect services is automatic and at no extra cost with PEUGEOT Connect SOS & Assistance (SIM card and data included), if the vehicle is equipped with it. If this is not the case, connection can be made by tethering (modem method) via a smartphone connected by USB, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
Renewal of the PEUGEOT Connect Nav Pack will be by 12 month or 3 year subscription.
PEUGEOT Connect Nav also integrates the Mirror Screen function so that you can use your smartphone's applications on the PEUGEOT Expert's 7" touch-screen in complete safety. The Mirror Screen is offered with both Apple CarPlayTM and Mirrorlink® technology to guarantee a wider range of compatible smartphones.
For intuitive driving in complete safety
For even more comfortable and safer driving, the PEUGEOT Expert has a wide range of the latest generation of driving assistance devices. Some have been equipped on a vehicle from the PEUGEOT range for the very first time: Driving time warning system, Driver Attention Alert, Road sign reading with speed limit recommendation system and Active Safety Brake.
The Driving time warning system, as standard from the second trim level, alerts the driver after 2 hours of uninterrupted driving at a speed of 40mph or above. A warning light accompanied with a "Think to take a break" message reminds them of this on the instrument panel.
Blind Spot Monitoringalerts the driver to the presence of a vehicle in the adjacent right or left lane in their blind spot. This equipment is available with front and rear parking assistance or VisioPark 1.
VisioPark 1 completes the front and rear radar parking assistance equipment, or rear radar with reversing camera offer. It provides a 180° overhead view of the rear zone of the vehicle and its environment. The image is created by the reversing camera as the vehicle reverses. The rear view includes guide lines that rotate with the steering wheel. As soon as an obstacle is detected, the automatic zoom feature above the rear zone is used to view the distance from it. Reversing manoeuvres and the vehicle's alignment with parking space lines and obstacles are therefore made easier and the vehicle's integrity is secured.
Grip Control is an enhanced traction control system, patented by the PSA Peugeot Citroën Group. It extends the usability of the PEUGEOT Expert on roads or tracks with low levels of grip allowing the vehicle to continue to make progress in a situation where a two-wheel drive vehicle would otherwise get stuck.
Versatile and flexible, it adapts to the conditions encountered by acting on the front driving wheels, while leaving the driver in control at all times. At any time, the driver can effectively choose to allow this equipment to use its intelligence to function in Standard mode or select the desired mode using the dial on the dashboard central panel: Snow, Off-Road, Sand, ESP Off.
Hands-Free Access and Starting (HFAS) system and electric sliding side doors are an option.
The Safety Pack, available as an option, integrates the Visibility Pack and four items of equipment that use the multi-function camera located at the top of the windscreen:
- The Road Sign Reading and Speed Limit Recommendation system recognises speed limit signs and alerts the driver of this limit on the instrument panel. The speed read is suggested to the driver as the set-point value for his speed limiter or cruise control. The driver can accept this suggestion, in just 2 presses. One press for selection and one for confirmation effectively prevents any unintentional action;
- The Driver Attention Alert measures the vehicle's swaying via the camera and steering wheel angle sensor. A visual and audible alert forces the driver to pay better attention;
- The Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) detects when the vehicle crosses a solid or broken white line marked on the road. In this situation, if the flashing light is inactive, the driver is alerted by visual and audible feedback on the instrument panel;
- Automatic main beam switchingenabled at night automatically switches the headlights from main beam to dipped beam and vice-versa depending on other vehicles detected by the camera.
- The Drive Assist Pack, available as an option, integrates three items of equipment in addition to the Visibility Pack that use the radar located at the front of the car and/or the multi-function camera located at the top of the windscreen:
- The Active Cruise Control is a cruise control/speed limiter system with extended regulation function in relation to the distance from the vehicle in front. This function is particularly suitable for motorway driving conditions in moderately heavy or fluid traffic avoiding systematic disconnection of the cruise control every time a vehicle is in front. Effectively, as soon as the radar detects a vehicle, a constant space is maintained by automatically reducing the vehicle's speed by up to 12.4mph through engine braking and natural deceleration. When the lane is free, the cruise control resumes the speed initially requested. If deceleration of 12.4mph is not enough to maintain this space, the cruise control alerts the driver and gives control of the speed back to the driver to undertake the necessary action;
- The Distance Alert warns the driver of an imminent risk of collision to make him react. This visual and audible warning occurs just before the Active Safety Brake is activated;
- The Active Safety Brake is a new generation of automatic emergency braking system. The camera and the radar detect the imminent collision with any moving or stationary obstacle. In this case, if the driver fails to brake or does not brake enough, the system applies maximum braking instead of the driver. It helps to avoid the impact (up to 18mph) or reduce its consequences whatever the vehicle's speed with deceleration up to 1G.