VAUXHALL LONDON SCRAPPAGE SCHEME
THE LONDON SCRAPPAGE SCHEME - HUGE SAVINGS ON NEW VEHICLES!
2019 diesel van scrappage scheme: can you benefit?
A new London van scrappage scheme is paying small businesses up to £3,500 to replace their old and polluting diesel vans, helping them to avoid the capital's new daily pollution charge.
The local authority cash is available for small companies that are based in London, or which have vehicles that regularly travel to the centre of the capital. It can be used to buy a clean, modern new or used van that will be exempt from the charges.
The measure is designed to soften the blow of London's Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) on van drivers, now that the £12.50 daily charge has been introduced.
Most diesel vans over three years old do not meet the latest emissions standards - known as Euro 6. Owners of these older vehicles will have to pay the fee whenever they drive into the central London area - on top of the £11.50 Congestion Charge.
The £23m van scrappage fund, set up by the Mayor of London, is available to businesses with fewer than ten employees, as well as charities. Grants are available for up to three vans per company.
Businesses based in London can apply for a £3,500 grant for every older van that they scrap and replace with a new or used Euro 6 compliant vehicle. These are exempt from ULEZ charges.
Companies with vans that are driven into the city centre at least twice a week can also get £3,500 for scrapping a non-Euro 6 van. There's no requirement to replace the vehicle.
Option 1: £3,500 grant to scrap a pre-Euro 6 van:
This first option is aimed at businesses that regularly drive in central London, no matter where they are based. The grant is available for scrapping any older van that has been clocked entering the Congestion Zone at least twice a week over the past six months. There's no obligation to replace the vehicle, so businesses could decide to outsource deliveries or even attempt them on public transport.
The vehicle being scrapped must be:-
- Pre-Euro 6 light goods van or charity-owned minibus that doesn’t meet ULEZ standards.
- Have been driven within the Congestion Charge Zone at least 52 times during the 6 months before 22 February 2019.
Option 2: £3,500 off a Euro 6 van:
Businesses based in Greater London can apply for the same £3,500 grant for scrapping any pre-Euro 6 van that they have owned for at least a year, no matter how many times it has been driven in the city centre. The van must be replaced with a Euro 6-compliant van for the money to be paid.
The vehicle being scrapped must be:-
- A pre-Euro 6 light goods van (or charity-owned minibus) that does not meet the ULEZ standards.
- Replaced with a Euro 6 light van or Euro 6 minibus (for charities only).
For full details on the London Scrappage Incentive Scheme, contact your nearest WJ King Vauxhall dealer. We can provide all the relevant details and provide a quote on a new Euro-6 compliant vehicle for your business!
1. The scrappage scheme (the “Scrappage Scheme”) is provided by Transport for London (“TFL”). For more information and to apply for the Scrappage Scheme, go to www.tfl.gov.uk/scrappage-scheme. 2. The terms and conditions below do not govern the Scrappage Scheme. The customer will be required to enter into an agreement with TFL when applying for the Scrappage Scheme. For the TFL terms and conditions which will apply, go to www.tfl.gov.uk/scrappage-scheme.
WHAT IS THE SCRAPPAGE SCHEME?
3. The Scrappage Scheme was introduced by the Mayor of London and TFL. It is not affiliated with or exclusive to Vauxhall Motors Limited (“Vauxhall”) or its customers in any way. 4. The Scrappage Scheme is designed to support microbusinesses and charities to be compliant with the new Ultra Low Emission Zone (“ULEZ”). 5. The Scrappage Scheme allows eligible microbusinesses and charities to apply for a grant to scrap up to three old vans and replace them with cleaner vehicles capable of being driven in the ULEZ. 6. There are two (2) options available for customers through the Scrappage Scheme. Customers will only be eligible for one (1) of these options. The options are: i. Scrappage of a pre-Euro 6 vehicle for frequent users of the Congestion Charging Zone; ii. Scrappage of pre-Euro 6 vehicle and purchase/lease of Euro 6 replacement vehicle for Greater London based organisations. 7. The grant will be paid to the customer following either: i. Scrappage of the customer’s old vehicle and evidence of the same; or ii. Scrappage of the customer’s old vehicle and evidence of the same as well as evidence of the purchase or lease of the replacement vehicle (which must be Euro 6 compliant).
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE SCRAPPAGE SCHEME?
8. Vauxhall does not assess your eligibility for the Scrappage Scheme. It is the customer’s own responsibility to check their eligibility and apply for the Scrappage Scheme directly with TFL. 9. It is important to note that not all Vauxhall customers will be eligible for the Scrappage Scheme. Customers can check their eligibility at www.tfl.gov.uk/scrappage-scheme. 10. Vauxhall will not provide any advice or guidance to customers relating to the suitability or otherwise of the options under the Scrappage Scheme. 11. TFL is the only party capable of exercising its discretion to assess whether a customer is eligible for the Scrappage Scheme. Vauxhall does not have any oversight or involvement whatsoever in the application process for the Scrappage Scheme.
CUSTOMERS SHOULD NOT SCRAP THEIR VEHICLE UNTIL THEY HAVE RECEIVED WRITTEN CONFIRMATION FROM TFL THAT THEY HAVE SATISFIED THE INITIAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA. WHY IS VAUXHALL PROMOTING THE SCRAPPAGE SCHEME?
12. Vauxhall is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Scrappage Scheme nor is the Scrappage Scheme exclusive to Vauxhall customers. 13. Vauxhall understands the importance of the Scrappage Scheme and the new ULEZ. 14. All new Vauxhall vans qualify as a cleaner replacement under the Scrappage Scheme as they are Euro 6 compliant vehicles, capable of being driven in the ULEZ without additional charges (please note that congestion charges may still be incurred where applicable). Used Vauxhall vans may also qualify as Euro 6 compliant. Please speak to your local Vauxhall Retailer to confirm the details of a used Vauxhall van. 15. Vauxhall does not have any oversight or involvement whatsoever in the application process for the Scrappage Scheme. Vauxhall will not, at any point, see the application you submit for the Scrappage Scheme nor any supporting document(s) submitted with your application.
HOW DO I RECEIVE THE GRANT AND USE IT?
16. If you have been successful in your application for the Scrappage Scheme and you wish to apply for a grant towards the replacement of a vehicle, you must be able to provide evidence to TFL of the purchase or lease of a Euro 6 compliant van. 17. The following will be accepted by TFL (according to TFL’s own application form and terms and conditions) as evidence of purchase or lease: i. Vehicle registration document (VC5) for the replacement vehicle; ii. Proof of purchase (sale invoice) for the replacement vehicle; iii. A lease agreement for a minimum of 2 years, for business use, in the name of the business, charity or authorised employee; iv. An insurance certificate and insurance schedule for the replacement vehicle, showing that the vehicle is insured for business use, in the name of the business, charity or authorised employee; v. Evidence that the vehicle is Euro 6 compliant. 18. The customer must pay the full purchase amount, initial rental and/or deposit required to complete the purchase or lease of the vehicle. No discount will be applied to the price of the vehicle to account for the grant from TFL. 19. Subject to any statutory rights the customer may have, Vauxhall is not under any circumstance obliged to provide a refund for the purchase price of the new vehicle where TFL does not accept the customer’s application for the Scrappage Scheme. 20. The customer acknowledges and accepts that Vauxhall will not be liable for any refusal by TFL to pay the grant to the customer under the Scrappage Scheme, or for any withdrawal or amendments to the Scrappage Scheme. A £99 inc. VAT admin fee (security checks and fuel) will be added to all vehicle purchases, this includes £20 worth of fuel. WJ King reserves the right to withdraw any offer at any time. Telephone calls may be recorded for training purposes. E&OE.
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Registration No 308921. Finance Subject to status. Other offers may be available but cannot be used in conjunction with this offer. We work with a number of carefully selected credit providers who may be able to offer you finance for your purchase. We are only able to offer finance products from these providers. Postal Address: 70/88 Park View Road, Welling, Kent, DA16 1SF.
Finance Providers - Blackhorse Finance, GMAC UK Limited (Vauxhall Finance), Hyundai Capital (Hyundai & KIA), Peugeot Financial Services, Volkswagen Financial Services (SEAT Finance), Barclays Partner Finance, Alphera Financial Services, Evolution Funding, Northridge Finance, Startline Motor Finance, Santander Consumer Finance.