Terms and Conditions of Site Access
This World Wide Web Site (the "Site") is operated by WJ King (Garages) Ltd, a company registered under the Companies Acts in England (No.00647053) and having its registered office at 70/88 Park View Road, Welling, Kent, DA16 1SF.
All materials within the Site are the intellectual property of WJ King (Garages) Ltd. Such materials may not be copied or reproduced, save to the extent necessary to view the same on-line. However, you may print complete pages of the site to hard copy for your own personal use.
This policy applies to WJ King (Garages) Limited and any of its other known names.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
Information that you provide to us when you contact us online. This information is not exhaustive and could include;
- Name & address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Vehicle information including your registration number
- Employment details
Information that you provide to us when driving one of our vehicles. This information is not exhaustive and could include;
- Driving license including your name and address
- Telephone number
- Email address
Information relating to any goods or services that you purchase from us. This information is not exhaustive and could include;
- Name & address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Vehicle information including your registration number and vin number
Using personal information
When we receive data from you it will be used for purposes that it was provided. This information is not exhaustive and could include;
- Using data to meet the terms of what you have ordered
- To enable you to use our online services
- To send you payment reminders, statements and invoices
- To send you important vehicle reminders such as
- Maintenance reminders (service and MOT)
- Product updates
- Manufacturer recalls
- To send you marketing material
- For sale tracking purposes
- To contact you to measure and improve our service levels
- Provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users
Disclosing personal information
We ensure that we will take necessary steps to obtain consent from you before disclosing personal information to the following;
- Agents, suppliers or subcontractors including;
- The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- CDK Global (UK) Limited
- KIA Motors UK Limited
- Hyundai UK
- Peugeot Motor Company
- SEAT UK
- Suzuki GB plc
- Renault / Dacia UK
- Vauxhall Motors Limited
- HPI Limited
- AutoProtect (MBI) Limited
- 21st Century Internet Limited
We ensure that we will take necessary steps to obtain consent from you before disclosing your personal information to any member of our group of companies that we work with including;
- EMaC Limited
- Vital Software
- Audatex UK
- CI Claims
- Auto Service Finance
- Close Brothers
- Epyx Limited (1 Link)
- T Cards Online
- UK Recovery
- National Windscreens
- Automotive Repair Systems
- Vauxhall Finance plc
- Peugeot Financial Services
- Volkswagen Financial Services
- Hyundai Capital UK Limited
- Santander Consumer Finance
- Evolution Funding Limited
- Startline Motor Finance
- Alphera Financial Services
- Nortridge Finance
- Barclays Partner Finance
- Black Horse
- Vehicle Mileage Check
- Cox Automotive (Motors.co.uk Limited)
- AA Cars
- Signature Creative Limited
- Meldrum Direct Mail Limited
- The Warranty Group
- Car Care Group
- Suzuki Warranty Services
- Office for Low Emissions
- Rolec Services Limited
We may at times be legally obliged to disclose your personal information by law in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings in order to establish or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
We may provide information to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such as court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Unless otherwise stated in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We store all the personal data you provide;
- Off site in secure data centres hosted by our group of companies that we share data with.
- Or onsite on our secure password and firewalled servers and in an enclosed locked facility.
- You can at any time ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. This can be done via a subject access request.
- On receipt of your request we will confirm your identity and provide any relevant data to you in a practical format and as quickly as possible.
- We may withhold any personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you ask us to no longer process your data, we will stop as quickly as possible.
- If you ask us to destroy any or all of your data, we will do this as quickly as possible.
- If you ask us to stop processing your data for marketing purposes, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you ask us to stop using your data based on legitimate interest, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you want to contact us you can do this in writing, in person or verbally
- As is true with most internet services, we gather information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, referring and exit websites and application, operating system, time and date stamp and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
- In some of our email messages, we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our website. When customers click one of these URL’s, they pass through a separate web server before reaching their destination on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click the link in the email message.
- Pixel tags tell us whether an email has been opened or a link has been clicked on to access our site.
Our ICO Registration number is Z6928322. WJ King (Garages) Limited 70-88 Park View Road, Welling Kent DA16 1SF
Data Protection Officer
Any data protection issues can be directed to email@example.com or write to Data Protection Officer, WJ King (Garages) Limited 70-88 Park View Road, Welling Kent DA16 1SF.
If you remain unhappy with the manner that your data is being handled in, and/or you feel that the response is not sufficient, please contact the Information Commissioners Officer (ICO) using their website www.ico.org.uk who are the supervisory authority for data protection within the UK.
Cookies are small files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. Some features on this site will not function if you do not allow cookies.
These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
Third Party Cookies
We may use a number of social media tools to enhance visitor interaction on our site. If you already use these platforms their cookies may be set through our website. Data may then be collected by these companies that enables them to serve up adverts on other sites that they think are relevent to your interests. If you do not use such platforms then our site will not place these cookies on your device.
These cookies are used to enable core site functionality. They do not contain any personal information and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
WJ King (Garages) Ltd does not hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through on a link on this site is outside of our control. You visit any external sites entirely at your own risk.
This information in this site is intended for customers and prospective customers of WJ King (Garages) Ltd in the United Kingdom and may not be applicable to other jurisdictions. WJ King (Garages) Ltd will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the contents of this Site are accurate and up to date. However, WJ King (Garages) Ltd reserves the right to change product prices and specifications at any time.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
WJ King (Garages) Ltd reserve the right to change any of the above terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online.
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.
ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution)
Where your complaint cannot be resolved, once you have exhausted our internal process you may refer the dispute to the following ADR processes.
1. If a non-financial services related dispute arises, you may refer the dispute to the free independent Advisory and Conciliation Service operated by the Motor Ombudsman, the government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry. For details of this service you can call their dedicated Code Advisory and Conciliation Service Consumer Advice Line on 0345 2413008, calls are charged at 7p per minute plus your phone operator’s connection charge, submit an enquiry or complaint via the website www.TheMotorOmbudsman.org or write to The Motor Ombudsman Ltd, 71 Great Peter Street, London, SW1P 2BN.
2. Where your complaint relates to Financial services, the Financial Ombudsman Service. This service is free to use. telephone 0300 123 9 123 or visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
3. Where any dispute cannot be resolved through ADR, this Purchase Order and Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts